As our first Personalization Engineer at Skillshare, you’ll be building out the foundations of a micro-services based Personalization system that will connect our users to the right content.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced team that is passionate about technology, building products we’re proud of, and upholding a strong, collaborative team culture. We’re excited to meet you!
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have 5+ years of experience building highly-scalable APIs and services
- You’re an experienced backend engineer with a proven history of building at scale
- You are a natural collaborator – you work seamlessly within and between teams
- You are motivated by full ownership of your work and are eager to help improve our users’ experience
- You have experience in developing and deploying software in a continuous delivery environment
- You have experience using AWS services and developing serverless or container-based services
- You have experience developing with Python, Node.js, AWS Kinesis, and other caching and data store technologies
- You have experience developing and operating machine learning-powered personalization related services in production
- You have a strong understanding of how to transform business needs into features and you have the data and business intuition to be able to design, vet and trouble-shoot features for recommendation systems
- You have experience or interest in feature flag based development
- You have a passion for having a real impact on the world
- You have worked with US-based clients/teams
- You are highly proficient in English