Who We Want:
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Bazaarvoice is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing test frameworks and tools to test our products. It is a unique and challenging role that provides the right candidate an opportunity to combine the “building” skills of software design engineering with the “breaking” skills of the software test engineering discipline. You will be primarily focused on writing automation code that verifies the quality of our products and interdependent services at a scale only matched by a small number of companies today. We want someone with the technical skills to debug code, automate tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks across a highly complex ecosystem. We also want an SDET with the soft skills needed to interact with all members of our organization both technical and non-technical as an advocate for quality and change.
If you’re passionate about software quality, are a highly technical problem solver, enjoy thinking outside the box, and thrive in a collaborative environment we would love to talk more about how you can help drive quality at Bazaarvoice.
- 5+ years of SDET and/or development experience performing extensive automation, API testing, backend data infrastructure testing with increasing responsibilities
- Experience in designing and coding automated tests using Java
- Experience in Python or other scripting language
- Ability to lead the team’s effort in continuous process improvement
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions at all levels of the organization
- Experience with git, GitHub
- Knowledge of Unix-based systems and environments
- Knowledge of AWS environment
- Ability to show data and metric-driven understanding of quality and test coverage
- Previous experience with Jira or any other issues tracking software (e.g. Bugzilla, Gnats, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in working in an Agile/ Scrum environment
- Knowledge of Performance / Disaster Recovery testing across a distributed system.