About the role
As a Backend / Infrastructure Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies that support our user-facing web and mobile apps. Whether it’s optimizing our Kubernetes clusters, streamlining our CI/CD pipeline, investigating slow SQL queries, or getting into the internals of our Open Source API framework, there is no shortage of interesting technical problems to solve and opportunities to learn. As a Staff-level member of the team, you will also have a large degree of autonomy and ownership to work on the most impactful projects.
On remote work
While our main office is in San Francisco, almost a third of our colleagues work remotely from various parts of the country, and all of our meetings are remote-friendly. You maybe asked to travel to our SF location from time to time, including for initial on-boarding and for quarterly company-wide meetings.
The ideal candidate… (apply if 2/3 sound like you)
- Has deep mastery of Computer Science fundamentals
- Can write production-quality Python code
- Is a self-directed and independent learner/problem-solver
- Is an excellent communicator and collaborator
- Has good engineering hygiene, in terms of code quality, testing, documentation, etc
- Has experience designing scalable and resilient distributed systems
- Has some real-world experience/knowledge of: Linux system administration, RDBMS administration/optimization (esp. Postgres), Cloud IaaS (esp. AWS), Kubernetes, Docker
- Enjoys wearing many hats, and working collaboratively across functions
- Enjoys mentoring and helping others learn/grow