This position can be in-office in New York City or work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates encouraged to apply.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality software accurately and quickly within an Agile environment. This individual will work directly with Product team members to refine requirements and decompose them into actionable Stories to be developed. They will also review teammates’ pull requests and provide feedback and guidance where necessary to ensure the quality of our codebase. A qualified candidate for this role will provide architecture suggestions and implementations across our stack, and contribute both to application and service development. This position requires experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (e.g. Jira and Confluence) and Agile development practices, strong troubleshooting ability, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cafemedia empowers over 2,000 premium publishers, with a collective reach of over 120MM monthly unique visitors (#16 largest comScore property), to make a living doing what they love – producing great content – while we manage the advertising for them. From food to home to news and technology and more, we represent the influential voices who make the internet a better place. As the largest exclusive publisher network, with direct access to code-on-page and underlying datasets, we have a unique capability to build innovative products that span across publishers, advertisers and consumers.
Beyond experience in a development role, we focus on the qualities we feel are important to success on our team. These include:
- Self-sufficient – You perform independently and find effective work to do without prompting. You claim ownership of a problem from beginning to end.
- Flexible – You can move across different applications and contexts fluidly.
- Efficient / Pragmatic – You can identify the simplest solution to a problem and avoid over-engineering.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset – You always look for ways to improve current processes and codebases.
- Communicative – You can effectively convey intent across members of the team.
- Investigative – You uncover what is really being asked for in a request and can see the full picture of what it entails.
- Patient – You listen well, take a measured approach in what you do, and can thrive under pressure.
- Thorough – You’re detail oriented, quality-minded, and you test your own work.
- Mentoring – You enjoy guiding your less experienced co workers.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Node.js and its frameworks such as Express and Knex
- Has designed SQL-based relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Has developed against and designed RESTful APIs with considerations for efficiency and speed, e.g. db keys, caching, etc.
- Has written unit tests to strive for complete code coverage
- Has leveraged cloud native capabilities using AWS or other provider