Moz is seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Developer to collaborate on the creation and deployment of shared services for our developers to deliver world class search analysis tools. Moz empowers customers to keep pace with the restless world of search marketing by constantly expanding and improving our suite of data collection, processing, and aggregation services, and surfacing insights through our suite of web based analytics and reporting applications.
Between Vancouver and Seattle, the infrastructure team is responsible for providing container services, configuration management tools, CI/CD pipelines and other services our developers rely on. We’re looking for someone who can not only help us maintain and scale our existing infrastructure but can also research, recommend, and implement new solutions. You will be part of a small team responsible for an AWS footprint which is much larger than many people would think is possible for a company of our size.
What’s Important to Us
- Leadership qualities – Takes initiative and is motivated to move forward. Works to understand and clarify priorities with management. Navigates competing priorities and operational constraints. Has high expectations of self and team. Holds self, team, and management accountable.
- Motivated to deliver on project work – Strong bias for action while simultaneously honoring project delivery goals.
- Highly Resilient– Solves problems versus looking to others to solve it for him/her. Naturally optimistic while able to retain objectivity.
- Cloud Subject Matter Expertise (SME) – Extensive experience with and knowledge of Cloud technologies and systems architecture. Knowledge and skills at a level that would allow for quick onboarding. Demonstrated skills and capability in building a DevOps culture, tools and platforms.
- Highly Technically Skilled – Strong core technical skills in Linux environments. Able to quickly learn additional technologies and capabilities in areas that are not yet strong. Interested and motivated to learn about the services and technologies the team has purview over.
- Collaborative – Is able and willing to work well with a combination of functional and technical personnel of varying levels, knowledge, and skills. Able to tailor communication style to the situation. Differences or conflicts are resolved on an issues-focused basis and in the best interests of the organization.
- Continuous Development – Is intellectually curious and motivated to further develop one’s own capabilities. Seeks feedback and additional training or development opportunities. Fosters similar continuous development motivation among colleagues.
- TAGFEE – Understands and embraces core Moz values of Transparent, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, and Exceptional.
What You’ll Do
- You will expand and optimize our systems and services
- Help tackle issues of auto-scaling, containerization, and serverless deployments
- Help migrate existing EC2 Classic instances to a VPC
- Provide outstanding support to the internal development teams including participating in the dev teams’ Scrum processes as needed
- Participate in and prepare architecture reviews. You should be comfortable articulating a strong point of view and providing meaningful feedback to others.
Experience We Want to See
- 3+ years working in a medium to large scale AWS production environment
- Experience with IaC using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience running containers in production such as: Kubernetes, ECS, or Docker Swarm
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef or Ansible
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other engineers
- Proficient in Bash
- Proficient scripting in Ruby, Python, or Perl and the ability to pick up new languages
- A deep desire and ability to analyze, optimize and automate systems
- Demonstrable understanding of computer science fundamentals
- A desire to learn on the go and apply knowledge as needed
- Ability to research options beyond what you have experience with in order to solve a problem
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years working with Linux in a production environment
- Experience supporting containerized services
- Experience creating and reporting SLAs and uptime metrics
- Understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining hybrid networks
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.