As a member of the Ubuntu Foundations team you will be part of delivering the core Ubuntu system. It is the base for the entire Ubuntu family of products and services including the world’s most popular cloud operating system. Ubuntu strives to deliver the latest and best free software components, in an easy to use and highly reliable form. We build on the technical excellence of Debian and bring additional focus and shape to the solutions we offer the industry. Applicants must be passionate about the future of Ubuntu, mindful of the dynamics of the open source ecosystem, and equally aware of the needs of large but innovative organisations.
Are you interested in making sure that Ubuntu includes the very best in free software? Do you have a passion to grow your own skills through modifying a wide variety of challenging software packages? Then we would love to have you join us as we prepare for our next Long Term Support (LTS) release in the coming year.
Required skills and experience
- An understanding of the makeup of a modern GNU/Linux distribution, Debian or Ubuntu preferred
- Python programming experience
- Involvement in open source projects in the past is a plus
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree level education, preferably in a technology field