At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Software Engineer – RHEL Compliance
The Platform Security team is looking for a Software Engineer focused on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) security compliance to join us in Waterford, Ireland. In this role, you will develop security compliance solutions based on open standards and leading industry technologies. This is an ideal position for a software engineer with passion for open source, who is interested in security paradigms. As a Software Engineer, you will serve as a key member of the Security Compliance team and your contributions will have high visibility within the company and externally within the security automation community.
Primary job responsibilities
- Implement the fully automated security policies for system scanning, reporting the system’s state, and for getting the system to the secure state
- Participate in development and testing of the state-of-the-art Compliance as Code project, the largest open source repository of security content
- Productize our security compliance solutions in Red Hat’s offerings
- Participate on architectural and technical proposals and shape related decisions
- Manage and coordinate efforts on a cross-team scale
- Promote relevant technologies inside and outside the company
- Work on product configuration policies for security industry regulations like National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP), Operating Systems Protection Profile (OSPP), and Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC)
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Bash
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) systems and source code control tools like Git and GitHub
- Solid understanding of Linux ecosystem security
- Experience with structured implementation of projects
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
The following are a plus:
- Experience working as a cyber security engineer
- Direct experience working as a Linux or Unix administrator
- Experience giving talks at conferences; presentation skills and regular online presence
- Experience with C or C++ development
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform configuration management
- Record of contribution to open source projects
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.