About the Role:
We’re building the next-generation infrastructure and security platform for CrowdStrike. The OverWatch Labs (OWL) team builds the platform and tools for our analysts on the OverWatch team to process and hunt (identify potentially harmful activity) through well over 100 billion events a day, and growing.
We are looking for an engineer who wants to help move the OWL platform forward as we scale even further. Someone with a broad range of computer skills throughout the software stack and clear communication skills would thrive in this environment. You should love working on large-scale, distributed, cloud-based, highly available systems that can efficiently operate over hundreds of billions events a day.
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience).
- Experience with Python, and a compiled language such as Golanga bonus.
- Built web-services with data processing pipelines and the concepts required.
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases (Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearcha plus).
- Understanding of messaging or queueing software, Kafkaexperience highly desirable.
- Linuxskills and experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
- Understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, particularly in Cloud environments such as AWS.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.