Juju is a Canonical sponsored open source project that facilitates the modeling and operation of the complex distributed software. Juju can deploy and manage software running on public clouds, private clouds, bare-metal servers or containers.
As a Software Engineer within the Juju engineering team, you will ensure quality for Juju as well as dealing with bugs. Juju is a large, complex distributed system that runs on a large number of platforms – there’s no shortage of interesting technical challenges! You will also be required to liaise with customer support and field engineers to help diagnose and fix field issues.
This job involves international travel several times a year, usually for one week at a time.
Software Engineer required skills and experience:
- Proven track record of at least 5 years professional software delivery using Go, C, C++ or similar.
- Solid networking background and experience
- Degree level education in a technology field
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience of the Linux and free software world
- Working knowledge of cloud computing
- Excellent communications skills in the English language, both verbal and written, especially in online environments such as mailing lists and IRC
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people (both technical and non-technical)
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same
- Software development and operational experience with databases