Canonical delivers the market leading operating system in the Cloud – Ubuntu. The commercial systems engineering team supports sales, operations, support and delivery at Canonical with a combination of home-grown systems, existing open-source technologies and off-the shelf SAAS.
As a member of the commercial systems engineering team, you will be tasked with regular software development tasks of designing, coding, reviewing, testing, delivery and maintenance of these software solutions. You will also be asked to provide guidance and consulting on other projects that integrate with these services around the company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in a high-level language
- Proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized
- Familiarity with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform
- Experience developing and maintaining a robust and stable API for external consumption
- Experience integrating with authentication systems, ID management systems, public clouds, SalesForce (or other CRMs) a plus
- Experience providing critical and honest evaluation of 3rd party commercial systems software a plus