At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome in diverse teams. So here’s your opportunity…
We’re hiring Software Engineers in Salt Lake City who are passionate about technology and education to build a new, next generation product for companies who want to invest in their employees.
What’s it like to work at Instructure? Our product team doesn’t throw spec documents over an imaginary wall only to have engineering build something and throw it over another wall to QA. Our teams are collaborative — we sit together, brainstorm together, and build together because we believe that’s the only way to make superior software. We’re committed to innovation — so much so, in fact, that we hold quarterly hack weeks to let individuals and teams build pet projects and aim for the fences with radical new ideas.
What we do:
- We’re building innovative web applications. RESTful, easy to consume APIs and single-page, rich JS applications are our bread and butter.
- Our polyglot team has interest in multiple JVM languages and a strong preference for simple, elegant solutions to customer needs.
- We are cloud native: that means building fault-tolerant, highly available applications that can scale up to meet load and scale down to watch those Benjamins.
What we look for:
- Breadth of experience across languages and frameworks.
- Past experience with Spring, Guice, or other IoC tools.
- Experience with new web frameworks like Dropwizard, Spring Boot, or Play is a plus.
- A history of unit and other automated testing to ensure application quality.
- Capable communicators passionate about product development and user experience.
- Autodidacts who love continual learning and exploration.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- BS or greater in Computer Science preferred (but definitely not required).
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club memberships and rewards-based fitness tracking
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn’t catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.