About the Position
Our development stack includes a wide range of technologies, including Java, React, Node, Python and all things AWS. You are not expected to be an expert in them all but hopefully you have touched on the majority. While the role has visibility and influence across a number of core technologies within the platform, this person will focus on an auto scaling cloud infrastructure component, capturing security data and passing it to the dashboard for display and action by our customers. Knowledge of Kubernetes and container management is essential.
Working in Contrast means pursuing a life changing experience in the field of application security and continuous delivery. We are an exciting, young team – growing leaps and bounds each month. We write a lot of GraphQL to interact with our REST layer to improve performance and data interaction. You would get the opportunity to work on challenging and leading edge areas of the product. We write, test and deploy our code on a continuous basis – true DevOps. We spread knowledge, help mentor younger engineers and reduce operational risk through Pull Requests – you’ll do the same, and quickly learn about all of the code in your product area as a result.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You’re a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You take pride in the work you produce – your code is clean, your designs are elegant and you are constantly refactoring.
- You’re keen to both teach and learn – every day is a school day in Contrast. There are new colleagues to help get started, and new technologies, frameworks, ways of approaching problems to be considered.
- Hopefully you have good knowledge of AWS Features and Services.