At GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. We help organizations navigate and guide public policy with a comprehensive platform that unifies advocacy, government relations, and fundraising teams.
We are a 100% non-partisan company — and we really mean it! Our clients fall on all sides of every issue, and we provide the same powerful technology to them all. Our team members are also all along the political spectrum, and we want everyone to feel welcome. The only rule is that our personal political views never affect our work. We believe that every organization has the right and the duty to analyze government policy, come to their own conclusions, and promote their points of view to the public (and public officials).
Good companies can be built quickly. Greatness takes hard work over time. We want people who are dedicated and want to invest themselves in GovPredict just as much as we are dedicated to our people and invest in them. We are a team of relentless problem-solvers and we believe in professional development and promotion from within.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC, the heart of American politics. Our engineering offices are located in Chișinău, Moldova and in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We have a friendly, collaborative, hard-working team that is dedicated to building the best public affairs software in the world.
The industry has gotten stale, and we’re working to build something better. Organizations deserve the most modern, comprehensive tools available to monitor the political and policy landscape and protect their missions. If you want to help drive that forward, come work with us!
Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, Python, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Working from Belo Horizonte or Chișinău GovPredict office
- Ship world-class software used by the most influential organizations in the world
- Work amongst a very talented team of engineers
- Write high-quality and well-tested code on one or more of the following: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, or Python
- Work with one or more of the following: RabbitMQ, S3, Postgres, or Elasticsearch
- Sometimes work with other technologies and languages
- Strong technical background — degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience building complex software for real users
- No specific experience requirement – we are hiring all levels of engineers, from junior to senior
- Interest in complex software engineering problems — we use Rails, React, and Python, but you don’t have to know them
- Comfortable with automated software testing
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
- Can work full-time from our office in Chisinau or Belo Horizonte
Engineering Culture / Benefits
- A centrally located and well-equipped office
- Big focus on code quality and writing clean code
- Challenging and interesting programming tasks that are fun to solve
- Friendly, cooperative, and welcoming company culture
- Plenty of code review and mentorship opportunities to improve yourself as an engineer
- Fast-moving team that ships new features and products fast
- Possibility for home-office work a couple of times a week
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid vacation time
- Yearly team meetup in Europe, funded by the company