We are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about innovating and creating new products. Engineers on our team work closely with Machine Learning engineers and Data Scientists to create a best in class adaptive assessment experience. You will be working on a cross-functional team that is user focused, has a mentality for experimentation, and iterates quickly. This person will have proven industry experience building data intensive full stack applications using Python, Node and React.
- Autonomous & responsible teams – making their own product & technology choices
- Data first – we work with large volumes of data to build scalable solutions for our products
- Software Craftsmanship – we want to be proud of our work
- Pair/Mob programming – we value collaborative development
- Test-driven development – we take responsibility for our code without separate QA teams
- Continuous delivery – teams independently ship code to production every day
- Bounded Contexts – teams own full vertical slices of the product
- Kanban & Lean – no more backlog grooming, no point estimation.
- Continual improvement – we hold regular retrospectives to assess and improve system processes
What we create with:
- Backend – Node.js/Python
- Testing – Mocha/Pytest/Jest
- Declarative UI – React
- Messaging – RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Database – PostgreSQL
- Source Control & CI/CD – Gitlab
- Deployments – Docker/Kubernetes
- Frameworks – Airflow
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.