About the role:
CrowdStrike is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with a passion for performance to join our Windows sensor engineering team. We’re looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build, working in an environment where quality is the company culture. Come use cutting edge tools and technologies as well as tried and true ones. Work on: measuring and tuning every clock cycle of performance in our sensor product, embedded deeply into the operating systems we protect. Help us build a world class endpoint security product that delivers an efficient, reliable, seamless experience to our customers.
This position is open to candidates in Kirkland, WA and USA – Remote.
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality C or C++ code and scripting languages like Python
- Experience and interest in thinking deeply about the boundary between code under test and the system beneath it: low-level characteristics that lead to memory usage, performance, external standards conformance, etc.
Success in this role means:
- A love for breaking software systems in creative and useful ways.
- Persistence and ingenuity to identify and isolate subtle interactions in complex systems.
- Passion for building rock solid solutions that peers can rely on.
- Thriving with responsibility, challenges, and aggressive goals.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and deliver.
Strong SDETS have or will develop proficiency in:
- Developing reliable, understandable systems for oneself and one’s peers to consume
- Writing and automating test cases, triaging bugs, and writing actionable bug reports
- Reading code with a focus on robustness, security, testability, and performance
- Defining and implementing test strategies
- Shipping quality software
- Define and develop performance measurement requirements for Windows sensor agent
- Benchmark and analyze the performance of the product against our high standards for quality and system impact.
- Investigate anomalies and identify root causes to performance bottlenecks and recommend resolutions
- Design and implement performance test infrastructure and test cases to catch and prevent future performance regression.
- Review engineering designs and provide plans and strategy for building in security, performance, and testability.
- Increase and improve automated test coverage, especially for measuring performance.
- Build reliable and easily consumed tools, frameworks, and environments for yourself and peers to build upon, leveraging internal or open source solutions to test in new ways.
- Work collaboratively with product and release management to control risk, improve quality, and integrate performance measurement into our release process
Bonus points awarded for:
- Existing exposure to CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Bamboo, Jenkins, Windows Performance Analyzer or xperf
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.