Kalypso is a professional services firm dedicated to helping clients discover, create, make and sell better products with digital. We believe that innovation is the single most important factor for long-term growth and success.
We are passionate about our work and committed to helping clients become more innovative, competitive, and productive. The Kalypso team consists of diverse industry and technical experts with proven experience delivering results. Our people are recognized business, industry, and technical thought leaders with a passion for innovation.
As a provider of professional services, our people are the key to success. We are looking for the absolute best to join our world-class team. We want balanced individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to provide the sustainable results our clients expect. At the same time, we are looking for real, multi-dimensional people – Characters with Character – who complement their expertise and intelligence with personality and integrity.
Kalypso is seeking exceptional candidates who are looking for an exciting career as a Software Developer.
As we have diverse Clients, across multiple industries and geographies, we expect our Developers to have high degree of adaptability when it comes to the problems they are asked to solve. We work with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) implementations as well as we deliver projects in Digital space – utilizing technologies like IoT (Internet of Things), AI&ML (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) and AR (Augmented Reality). No two projects are the same – ability to learn quickly and be a problem solver is a must!
The work is fast paced, demanding, and provides unparalleled exposure to unique opportunities. The learning curve can be quite steep at times, but our team will help you develop a broad set of skills and enable you to explore areas that are of interest to you. Our focus is on helping clients extract value from their software solutions, not just on making the technology work.
In this role you will help design, develop, and test software solutions for a diverse set of clients in industries such as Life Sciences, CPG, High Tech, Manufacturing and Energy.
Below responsibilities cover a big spectrum of possible assignments that are determined by the needs of the project:
- Implement software solutions based on functional and technical requirements
- Perform unit testing and peer reviews on implemented code and configuration
- Clearly document implemented code and configurations to leverage previous work in future projects
- Generate testing scripts and installation guides for implemented software solutions
- Collaborate with teammates in building software solutions and transferring knowledge
- Perform configuration and customizations on previously installed software
- Perform software updates and patches in Kalypso and client servers
- Perform code deployments and software installation
- Manage software versioning (SVN, Git, Azure DevOps)
- Perform basic data migration and analysis tasks
- Develop client specific reports using reporting tools
- Develop internal applications to help drive performance and quality inside the firm
Requirements & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Strong academic performance
- Relevant work experience is highly preferred
- Superior analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology and the drive to learn and develop in different programming languages
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Creativity, self-confidence and flexibility
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Work location is Bucharest
- All applicants applying for EU based job openings must be authorized to work in the EU
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and relational database concepts
- Understanding of XML and XSL/XSL-FO
- Competency in Oracle Database, MS SQL Server or other similar RDBMS
- Familiarity with platforms such as Windows Server and Linux
- General knowledge of software development practices and technical documentation (requirements, functional specifications, test plans, etc.)
Additional skills (not required but a plus):
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Experience working with PLM systems
- Experience using and developing Web Services
- Experience in any IoT technologies (platform and/or connectivity side), knowledge of industrial protocols
- Experience working with Machine Learning tools
- Knowledge in Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Fusion Middleware, or SOA
- Versatility, flexibility and proactivity when resolving technical issues and dealing with ambiguity
- Understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions; attention to detail
- Personal commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery; proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines
- Customer-focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers’ business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers and management to help develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in