SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
At SurveyMonkey we operate one of the largest commercial Python microservice implementations on the web. As an Infrastructure Engineer you’ll guide teams with best practices when leveraging Infrastructure Platform services (eg. bussing, caching, queueing, service discovery, etc.) in production. You’ll be responsible for fostering the lifecycle of these services while scaling and optimizing the reliability, availability, and performance of the infrastructure.
- You’ll help design and build robust and scalable solutions for a wide variety of problems, including: caching, messaging, queuing, and service discovery.
- You’ll monitor and support systems currently running in production – the backbone of our Infrastructure Platform.
- You’ll work with engineering teams to ensure we’re always using the right tools for the job, and to build new tools where the current ones won’t cut it.
- You’ll collaborate across the organization as we scale our stack globally and transition from an on-prem solution to AWS.
- You’ll help design, build and measure systems to provide a highly available distributed infrastructure.
- You’ll help mentor and help develop the careers and interests of more junior team members.
- 4+ years experience in the infrastructure engineering environment. We’re looking for people who like to learn on the job and can adapt previous experiences to nurture growth.
- You demonstrate an understanding of high-level programming languages (we’re big fans of Python).
- You possess practical knowledge and appreciation of various aspects of distributed service design, including messaging protocols, caching strategies and autonomous software design practices.
- You have Linux administration skills.
- You are familiar with at least one of the following types of systems in production: caching, messaging/queuing, service discovery
- You are enthusiastic about automation.
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.