At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Senior Systems Administrator – Enterprise Experience and Delivery
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Distribution team in the Enterprise Experience and Delivery (EXD) organization is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join us in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will support Red Hat’s software manufacturing services on our hybrid cloud infrastructure. You will partner with tool development, quality engineering and release engineering associates to support the health and wellbeing of the infrastructure hosting software production services. Monitoring, alerts, and security practices will need to be implemented. You will participate in communities of practice to coordinate and influence the design of our hybrid cloud platform. You will be responsible for defining Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for the services the team needs to support stakeholders, and executing remediation plans if the SLOs are not met. As a Senior System Administrator, you are expected to respond in a timely manner during a critical outage. We’ll need you to be passionate about and an expert in helping Red Hat continue to produce world-class open source software.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design, build, and revise continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) systems
- Work in a geographically-distributed team
- Configure and maintain infrastructure for your team
- Coordinate the needs of your team to other Red Hat teams like Infrastructure and IT, and ensure our internal cloud deployment meets expectations
- Work with upstream communities engaged with Red Hat in the creation of our solutions
- Provide consulting on infrastructure health, status, stability, and enhancements
- Contribute to and highlight the requirement to enforce best practices and change management for the infrastructure supporting software production services
- Migrate software production services in legacy environments to our hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Assess and champion opportunities to use Red Hat emerging solutions in our engineering pipeline
- Develop best practices around next generation deployment patterns like service-mesh and serverless; migrate advanced projects to those patterns
- Implement monitoring, alerting, and escalation plans in the event of an infrastructure outage or performance problem
- Work with service owners to define SLIs and SLOs for the services your team relies on, ensure they are met, and deliver remediation plans if they are not
- Manage projects and requirements gathering, and translation to work items
- Background in developing of orchestration and configuration management solutions
- Experience with Ansible development solutions, creating and maintaining playbooks; experience with Puppet is a plus
- Experience with virtualization technologies, preferably Red Hat OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Motivated self-learner, highly capable of multi-tasking and working in a dynamic work environment
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to graphically represent concepts and architectures in documentation
- Practical ability to take on advanced work in the mentioned skill areas
Following are considered a plus:
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies like S3 and DynamoDB
- Experience with software development using Python
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform or Kubernetes
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.