We are looking for team members who can step into ambiguity to learn and form opinions quickly. These team members will need to be expert consultants and understand how to communicate with, support, and push back on customers and stakeholders to form lasting partnerships.
A Theorem Discovery team works together to understand and solve problems in any industry or technology stack; they are always looking for new ways to solve big problems so Theorem can build problem-solving solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5+ years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Demonstrated experience researching new tools, acquiring new skills, and implementing your new knowledge on the fly with confidence and accuracy.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience working with Chef, Ansible, and other provisioning technologies is a plus.
- BS of Computer Science or similar academic background is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel 25%.
WHO YOU ARE
Discovery teams are lean and fast, we are looking for candidates who are ready to wear multiple hats and are comfortable working across disciplines.
You should be able to describe yourself as such
- You have experience in agencies, custom software, management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or design thinking
- You are a jack of all trades
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have lived the product lifecycle multiple times
- You are an exceptional storyteller
- You are adaptable to fast-changing situations, adept at answering tough questions from clients, and diplomatic.
- You are as comfortable in front of a customer as you are leading your team
- You have helped clients shape their company vision and develop plans for achieving it
- You can make a plan from scratch
- You know how to balance short and long term success of a product
- You are or have worked with researchers and can make research actionable
- You know how to lead requirement gathering activities
- You have workshop facilitation experience
- You are the architect of the early project vision
- Your family calls you to fix their computer
WORKING AT THEOREM
You will work remotely day-to-day at Theorem; Team members are fully distributed and live all over the world. We travel to come together for collaborative sessions with each other and customers.
At Theorem, we believe that creating an environment where great people can flourish is the best strategy for our business and the best way to solve our client’s problems and deliver the greatest value.
Our focus on culture is supported by our shared vision to build a company where we want to work for the long-term. We avoid egos and embrace distributed leadership. We grow from constantly being challenged and seek to understand when presented with ideas we don’t understand. We respect each other, default to trust and treat each other like adults and we also hold each other accountable for commitments. There is a lot about our culture that makes us great and we’re continually looking to improve it. Read what we’ve published about our culture.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You work closely with the Internal and client team to perform technology feasibility of the intended experience.
- As a technical expert you help clients understand the key technical considerations of a solution.
- Assist the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become the domain expert for our clients’ business and gain a deep knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Research technologies and assess their fit for the challenge at hand.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders about the benefits of our approach to software and solutions development.
- Assist the engineering team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 100% REMOTE
- TEAM RETREAT – Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
- HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – We have comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, plus we have a 401k plan