A senior software engineer is responsible for developing, estimating, and designing software while maintaining a high standard of reliability and maintainability. This person can constructively collaborate with stakeholders, and retains a growth-mindset. Communication is precise and concise, and helps colleagues and customers to understand and refine business requirements. Core working hours are 11:00am – 4:00pm CT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet business requirements using ruby, rails, rspec, resque, redis, and postgres
- Able to identify small and safe refactoring opportunities in legacy systems
- Work effectively as an engineering pair (remotely)
- Work effectively as an individual
- Communicate with stakeholders, enabling product to prioritize with knowledge of technical possibilities, limitations, and tradeoffs
- Make and follow through on architectural and design decisions (during new development and when necessary to address technical debt in existing systems)
- Be able to explain, facilitate, and promote decisions among other engineers
- Write quality documentation for users and other engineers
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Bias towards positive team dynamics
Information Security Responsibilities
- Implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Execute particular security processes or activities;
- Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken; and
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
This position requires on-call hours.
Travel: 5% – twice a year for team meetings.
We welcome people of different levels of experience and backgrounds. We know that people can come by the skills and talents we’re looking for in many different ways, so if you’re interested, let’s talk! We’d like to hear your story. healthfinch is also committed to creating spectacular culture, along with phenomenal benefits. All full time employees are entitled to paid maternity/paternity leave, unlimited vacation and the ability to work anywhere in the United States.