About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engine and Content Development (ECD) team which focuses on security related endpoint development on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
As a sensor engineer within the ECD team you will be focused on the analysis and development of detections for Unix based attack techniques across supported macOS and Linux versions. You’ll work collaboratively to implement these detections within the Falcon sensor which is a lightweight kernel-level module that observes system activity, recognizes malicious behavior, provides on-box prevention capability, and sends relevant security related data and telemetry to the Falcon cloud. You’ll help develop creative and resourceful ways to detect Mac/Linux specific threats while also helping develop cross platform features that cut across core OS subsystems such as analysis of file system, memory, process, and network telemetry. You’ll get exposure to both user-level and kernel-level coding practices. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams within engineering, and will be expected to make significant contributions to the design and implementation of major development projects. We’re looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build.
- 5+ years of experience with EITHER one of:
- Reverse engineering, threat detection, and malware analysis; and an interest in on-device development, or
- Designing, building, and delivering high-quality software in C/C++ with an interest in security.
- Low-level OS knowledge of macOS and/or Linux operating system internals, components, APIs, and design.
- Team player – able to lead, mentor, communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a globally distributed team.