The Server Performance Engineering team is a specialized group that looks to improve the performance and efficiency of Akamai’s Intelligent Platform, both virtualized and bare metal, by leveraging advanced hardware and software features currently available as well as building new ones. In this role, you will be tasked with extending and improving our metrics collection and analyzing this data to help identify performance problems, building tooling to identify those issues, and collaborate with internal teams to implement solutions to the problems identified.
The opportunity to make a significant impact on Akamai’s business is precisely what makes the job rewarding. People who do best are the ones who seek challenges, possess a passion for learning, and have demonstrated courage and ability to pose and solve truly difficult problems. The job requires a combination of strong system design, virtuoso programming and debugging skills, an obsession with code quality, and independence. You must have a passion to get things done quickly and get them done right.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a PhD in Computer Science or related field
* 5 years of C programming experience within the Linux kernel or systems-level applications
* 5 years of High level understanding of Linux operating system and computer system architectures
* 3 years of Experience with virtualization technologies (KVM, Xen, etc)
* 3 years of Experience with Solid knowledge of Linux kernel and system’s level performance analysis
* 3 years of Experience with concurrent programming, data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis
* 3 years of Proficiency with network protocols, including IP, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP
* 3 years of Proficiency in SQL, Unix shell scripting, Perl, or Python
* 2 years of Experience with data analysis