At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Senior Software Engineer
The Red Hat Storage Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us as a remote employee based in the United States. In this role, you will help build, package, and support tools and automation related to Red Hat Storage. You’ll work as part of a fast-paced, highly experienced, and exciting engineering team distributed across the globe. You’ll participate in a vibrant open source culture. In addition, you’ll help promote quality and innovation in the Red Hat Storage team. More experienced applicants will have the opportunity to contribute code upstream and contribute to projects related to continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and package building automation. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Plan and design new and existing systems
- Assign work to team members and review their work
- Mentor other engineers
- Work closely with engineers within Red Hat to become a contributor to both the upstream and downstream projects to deliver builds and test infrastructure
- Interact with multiple teams within Red Hat and with the open source community
- Look for opportunities to improve our solutions using automation, Ansible, Python, and Jenkins
- Experience delivering systems and migrations on time and on budget
- Experience writing, debugging, packaging, and deploying Python
- Knowledge of Distributed Storage Systems (DSS), Kubernetes, or Red Hat OpenShift; solid ability in at least one of these areas and to learn the rest quickly
- Experience implementing and improving jenkins based CI and CD pipelines
- Knowledge of how to apply best practices that ensure that a hosted service is secure and stable
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience in writing and debugging Golang
- Experience in a site reliability engineering position at a cloud-based company
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.