The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) believes the reward for a job well done is another job. You would rather spend your time enabling engineering teams to more effectively write their own tests than write tests for them. You thrive in an environment where there is something new to learn with each major effort.
- You don’t love writing code, you love writing code that test’s the code.
- You have 5+ years in technology with at least three in a QA Automation Role or SDET
- You love to break things, and you like to share how you did it.
- You’re a storyteller with compelling stories about that time you learned something new in order to solve a problem for your company, and stories about the times you helped your team mates skill up.
- You have powerful stories about the failures and mistakes you’ve made and the lessons learned. You share them as cautionary tales with your team mates.
- You can find your way around a database, but you are better at mocking them.
- You have a desire to make the Internet a safer place.
- You have a passion for tools, testing frameworks, methodologies and implementations. You choose them based on the the best fit for the problem at hand.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you’re building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need. You write things down so someone else on your team can do them.
- You’re a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges. We see simplicity as the greatest expression of intelligence and responsibility.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.