This position will offer the opportunity to be part of the highly motivated team that works on software running on one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for creating highly innovative security products for the Internet at scale, making our products more reliable, secure and faster.
The team works on a product for detecting API abuse for web and mobile API’s. The role involves creating validation frameworks for end-to-end testing of the system, coming up with innovative ways to test the web and mobile threat detection API’s and working on test data generation, improving and maintaining the current set of tests.
Required Education and Experience
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of experience in software testing
* 5+ years of scripting experience with Python
* 3+ years of experience developing automated test infrastructures (i.e. Selenium, Protractor)
* 1+ year of experience with networking protocols (i.e. HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
* Security domain knowledge
* The ability to manage and prioritize your own workload effectively
* Knowledge of Docker, Docker Compose or Docker Kubernetes
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
* Passion to understand, learn, and dissect new technologies quickly on your own.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment
* Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, Math and Statistics
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for:
* Overseeing the scope of changes for releases and owning the responsibility of release testing
* Performing automated functional tests, performance tests and end-to-end product tests
* Participating in team design reviews
* Contributing to system test methodologies and effective test automation
* Creating, deploying and maintaining automated functional tests
* Creating a framework to generate test data which replicates real-world scenarios
* Working closely with the dev team to come up with regression tests that cover changes to our software
* Working with different teams to troubleshoot and reproduce complex problems for our customers
* Working closely with cross-functional development teams to identify potential emergent behaviors between applications
About the Team
Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers and delivers somewhere between 15% to 30% of Internet traffic on any given day. Our team is part of the Security organization which is responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to protect their web sites and secure the transactions over the web. Our Bot Manager product is designed to provide superior cloud computing security, prevent data theft and downtime and mitigate large account takeover attempts. In addition, this group is building unique technology that can secure the cloud and make it a safe place to do billions of transactions daily and handles petabytes of data every day. Akamai has built a massive global distributed network that can solve problems at a scale that few others can approach. By leveraging our deployment of servers around the world, we can uniquely solve technology problems with innovative solutions that exceed the fundamental limitations of networking.