At Usabilla, we believe digital interactions should be effortless. That’s why we’ve developed a product suite that helps our clients to test, measure, and improve the user experience across all digital touch points.
Our Development team works tirelessly to ensure our solution stands out in the SaaS scene worldwide. But as we continue to experience phenomenal growth, it can be hard to keep up. That’s why we’re looking for an ambitious and visionary Senior Java Platform Engineer who can help drive the Usabilla products to impressive new heights.
Why we need you:
- As further demands challenge the Usabilla product suite, we need a developer with good, practical Java experience. You’re able to emphasize our growth while helping the team collectively reach a higher level; continuously pushing to make sure we are the best at what we do.
- We are a company with challenges but we’re not afraid to tackle them. As a Usabilla developer there’s both the opportunity and the drive to make changes and you’ll have the resources at your disposal.
- You’re able to emphasis the importance of thinking before you code and reflecting upon your decisions and actions. What’s more, you’re passionate about sharing this expert knowledge, encouraging the team to move as a unit towards our core goals and values.
What you will work on
Help us build our feedback solution that allows companies to become more customer-centric. Our Voice of Customer solution is used by 500 million users every day and features message-driven autonomous micro-services architecture, scaling and global distribution challenges. Exciting work is in store such as how to capture feedback on multiple channels and determine analysis methods to help customers make sense of data.
The platform team
You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary team which takes care of many architecture components, that self-service our service teams to do their best work, the team is composed of System engineers, SWE focused on testing, SWE for platform and etc.
As a Java engineer you’ll deal with async microservices, Kafka and its ecosystem (including Kafka Connect and Kafka Streams), Debezium with Outbox pattern, while deploying it with advanced Kubernetes resources to empower the desired architecture.
How you will work
Get ready to be challenged and put your architecture ideas to practice, as well as work as part of agile multidisciplinary teams consisting of over 30 engineers who love to experiment, learn new things and share knowledge.
By designing and implementing architecture components you’ll interact with those teams to understand their pain points and converge your ideas into practice, being able to collaborate and lead technical efforts is an important part of this role.
- 5+ years of practical knowledge with JVM languages and tools, spring-boot and Kafka are nice to have!
- Continuous delivery is part of your core, fail fast and early, as platform you’ll do a lot of experimentation and extremely complex systems, to name a thing challenges: Eventual consistency, distributed systems and transactions, microservices, etc.
- Experience architecting systems which are observable and scalable, care about operations and their needs.
- Motivated with the ability to work on your own.
- You’re an advocate for collaboration – ensuring we push the product as far as it can go, but as a team.
We’re a fast-growing and ambitious company specializing in user feedback across all digital touchpoints. Continuously striving for accessible products while ensuring we celebrate every victory, we’ve established a receptive, spirited, and dynamic work environment.
But whatever your department and whether it’s New York, Berlin, London, Padua, Sydney, or our HQ in Amsterdam, joining Usabilla means becoming a part of SurveyMonkey family, a San Mateo-based global survey software company. It’s an exciting journey that we are now embarking on together, with a combined troop of over 1,000 employees worldwide!
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- SurveyMonkey equity
- Pension plan
- Health insurance plan
- Wellness benefit
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- MacBook Pro
- Daily office lunch provided by our very own chef
- Flexible work hours, with the option to work from home part-time
So, we’ve kept you hooked until this point and life as a Usabilla Senior Java Platform Engineer seems ideal for your next adventure? Perfect – we’d love to hear from you! Send over your resume and cover letter.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to give us a call at +31 20 772 78 35
Oh, and recruitment agencies & headhunters, we don’t require your services.