RELAYTO/ helps brands with sales & marketing content by enabling the creation and distribution of smart, interactive documents. Simple and powerful way to gain attention, deliver information, close deals and monitor your audience engagement along the way.
RELAYTO/ customers include Hyperloop, Mercedes-Benz, GETT, PwC, Newsweek, International Business Times, Startupbootcamp & CKGSB among others. Our team is TechStars alumni, and is taking part in the PwC & Accenture acceleration programs (Winter 2017).
Built by the Silicon Valley/Stanford team behind Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com and SuccessFactors (sold to SAP for $3.4 billion) – RELAYTO/ runs a distributed team across UK, US, France & South Africa.
RELAYTO/ is looking for a developer (remote as contractor OR at East London / Paris office) to work directly with our founders.
3/ WHAT IS THE DAY TO DAY ROLE?
At RELAYTO/, you will be a part of a small international team (UK, Silicon Valley & Paris), operating primarily via Slack & Asana and communicating directly with the CTO & CEO. The position is focused, but not limited to front-end tasks.
On a daily basis, you can expect to be writing new Angular modules, integrating open-source libraries, creating new interfaces, and connecting multiple API. In addition, you will participate in brainstorming sessions about roadmap, solutions for clients problems, and design exercises. This position requires someone comfortable with working in Agile requirements and participating in planning meetings (with your team/other parts of the business to help explain the technology and define the requirements).
After the deadlines have been met, online & offline team hangouts are encouraged.
4/ WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong experience with AngularJS (1.6+) / familiar with the tip & tricks here
- Vanilla JS is strongly preferred. We use a lot of vanilla JS libs and add Angular bindings on top
- REST API concepts
- Solid understanding of CSS3, media queries and animation
- Know how to use inspector for speed, performance and 60FPS
- Git / Github / Git-Flow
- Test Driven Development experience (Karma, Protractor)
- Gulp, Webpack
- Yarn, Bower, NPM
- ESLint, JSDoc
- Permission to work in the UK (East London office), France (Paris office) or proven ability to work remotely
- Upper-Intermediate English Level
- Know to build REST API with Symfony3(PHP)
- UI Design skills via Sketch/Photoshop or similar
5/ WHO ARE THE FOUNDERS?
The story of RELAYTO/ started with loss. Loss of time. Take Alex. He lost about 21,492 hours (2.5 years) of life creating same-old content at Glocal, SuccessFactors/SAP, Salesforce.com, Oliver Wyman, Microsoft, Stanford and Wharton. He created decks, docs, wikis — all of it stitched into ugly emails with links and attachments. No visibility on what worked and what did not. It just was not good enough. So he joined forces with Nikita (interactive learning guru) so that we can all communicate brilliantly. No designers or developers needed.
We are, by intent, maintaining a small team. Working with RELAYTO/ will give you the chance to work alongside our founders and world-class advisors. We roll up our sleeves and do everything ourselves.
6/ COMPANY DNA & ADVISORS
- Special Forces for startups: check out our values
- Customer-funded by both iconic brands and small businesses
- Distributed team innovates with Silicon Valley DNA, accesses global enterprises via London and designs with French touch
- Supported by leading innovators, Techstars & Startupbootcamp, and consulting powerhouses (PwC and Accenture)
- 100% owned by the founding executives and the team – with commitment to instill bootstrapping DNA for decades to come
- Not actively seeking external investment or tech industry publicity. Keeping low profile until formal launch – while furiously lining us the smartest people in the business as our early customers, partners and team members
World-class Silicon Valley advisors, all of whom led their respective companies from 0 to billion+ dollar valuations:
- Aaron Au – Co-Founder/CTO of SuccessFactors (now CTO of SAP and head of SAP collaboration business)
- Renaud Visage – Co-Founder/CTO of Eventbrite
- Sami Inkinen – Co-Founder/President of Trulia