Who we want:
We are seeking a Senior Developer for our Small Web-Apps Technology team (or SWAT) which is focused on front-end development across many of our products. This team is responsible for building the next generation of consumer-facing displays that serve billions of page views a month on sites that you’ve most certainly heard of. This role requires someone that can contribute to, a scalable front-end solution that serves thousands of visitors a second; someone that can influence the team to deliver comprehensive solutions; and someone that is eager to work alongside other smart, capable people to build new capabilities across our entire platform.
What we need:
Who You Are:
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals especially data structures and algorithms
- You can explain how bundlers and module loaders work, and why you’d use them in the first place
- You understand accessibility standards and develop with those in mind
- You’re aware of, and are excited about, new ESnext features
- You know how to build functional, readable and maintainable code.
- You understand how to break large, abstract problems down into smaller, workable tasks
- You are committed to excellence. That means building collaborative relationships up, down, and across the organization; staying positive when tackling tough challenges that often require cross-team contribution; taking pride in not just shipping massive-scale applications, but shipping the best massive-scale applications
- You’ve deployed applications and assets to AWS or similar cloud platform
- When you think of building web applications, you think past the console to the CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) pipeline
- You like speaking in public about what you’re working on
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience