You’ll also get to work with a wide variety of the latest technologies. Our diverse client portfolio means we need to apply many different technologies in different situations. Recent projects have included developing isomorphic React applications, producing strongly typed functional code, deployment pipelines to Google Firebase and AWS Lambda, building Dockerised infrastructure and contributing to Open Source projects.
Who we’re looking for – the “must-haves”
- At least five years demonstrable on-the-job experience of commercial development
- A commitment to learning our core platforms to our high standards
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- A genuine passion for our culture and our approach.
- Great written and face to face communication skills
- An ability to work well in a cross-disciplinary project team
Who we’re looking for – the “nice-to-haves”
- You’ll have got your hands dirty with a good range of third party APIs
- Experience of delivery using an Agile software methodology
- Contributed code to an Open Source project
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences
- Linux command line and server administration skills
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems
- Familiarity using testing frameworks
- Familiarity with modern frontend build tools such as WebPack
- Familiarity using Docker in local development
- Developing innovative, high quality technical solutions that really do the job
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
- Using your insight to help plan and drive project delivery
- Leading the team in your technical specialism
- Giving code and experience back to the open source community
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to our clients.
- Maintaining and championing high quality technical standards for all the agency’s output.
- Turning client requirements into technical specifications
Salary and benefits
Deeson operates a transparent approach to pay and reward. We do this because we believe that pay setting and pay progression should be fair, open and based on the impact team members have in our business.
You can read more about this and see the current salary scales for all roles at Deeson in our team handbook.
The starting salary for this role will be £41,200
You can see how initial salaries are set for new team members joining Deeson here.
We have a “no negotiation” policy on salaries to ensure that starting salaries are set fairly and not on a candidate’s ability or desire to negotiate.