Bazaarvoice engineering teams build software a billion users use to make smart buying decisions. Interested in finding ways to make engineer’s jobs easier? You should apply for this role.
You’ll be part of a highly skilled globally distributed team that delivers a suite of cloud infrastructure and services upon which our product development teams can build, launch and operate their systems. We are a mixture of Developers with an affinity for operations and Ops Engineers who can program. You will engage and collaborate with product development engineers (our customers), to understand their needs and problems, then create, leverage, and support solutions that increase engineer joy and are a force multiplier for enabling the potential of our teams.
- BS or MS in computer science, software engineering, physics, related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years administrating production Linux systems in a 24×7 environment
- 3 or more years experience in a DevOps role as an engineer or technical lead
- At least 1 year of team leadership experience
- Significant knowledge of Amazon Web Services (CLI/APIs, EC2, EBS, S3, VPCs, IAM, AWS Lambda)
- Experience deploying services into containerized orchestration environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with at least one of Python, Bash, Ruby, or equivalent
- Experience creating and managing CI/CD pipeline like Jenkins or Spinnaker
- Familiar with version control using Git
- Solid understanding of common security principles
- A passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and over video calls.
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems
- Strong experience leading DevOps initiatives across multiple teams