This is a unique opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects with the world’s leading authority on cloud software: Google.
Theorem (formerly Citrusbyte) is working with Google to build a Senior DevOps team and has the ability to give a few select individuals the opportunity to work for Google. You will work on various DevOps projects internal to Google as well as deploy complex systems to GCP for Fortune 500 clients. GCP expertise is not required but cloud experience is.
You will work in concert with other Theorem DevOps team members and directly with Google and their clients. You will help design, architect, and execute on plans to leverage GCP to add scale, resiliency, availability, and deployment confidence to large-scale software platforms. These are true high-volume mission-critical systems serving millions of users.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code. Experience defining infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Cloud platform experience. Extensive experience with at least AWS, GCP, or Azure. Experience should be across multiple applications or projects.
- An understanding of modern DevOps/SRE concepts. Automation, configuration management, immutability, observability, Site Reliability.
- You have well rounded hands-on DevOps capabilities. Hands-on experience with containers (K8s/Docker), Linux (Bash/CLI), CI/CD, log management (ELK or similar), message queues.
- Excellent writer and communicator. You are excellent at diagramming architecture, documenting recommendations, and communicating them to coworkers and stakeholders.
- You can design technical architecture. You have a general understanding of a wide array of open source technologies and how they fit together. For example: when do you use MySQL vs Memcached and why? What is the function of reverse proxy like Varnish? etc.