Mokriya takes software seriously. We’re pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building clients’ products just as we do our own investing heavily in design, iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction. We learned a lot of interesting things along the way about the right way to ship software, and we’re now bringing our incredible software product experience to larger companies like Verizon, Google, Intel, Twitter, Sony, L’Oréal— and we do this all with a fully distributed team.
We believe that well-made software can change the world, no matter how small or simple a product might be. We also believe that poorly-made software —badly-designed, badly-developed, or badly-supported— is a preventable tragedy.
Mokriya’s mission is to make great software for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you’re not at your job, you’re probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart . You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good software tester with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
If this sounds like you, and you’ve been working on DevOps, you should apply. We strongly encourage and are proponents of diversity.
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Mokriya because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won’t have to spend time watching over anyone else’s either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
- Automating build, release/deployment, manual processes and workflows
- Ensure that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality
- Support and improve our tools, infrastructure and processes that support rapid and reliable delivery of high-quality software to our production service.
- Advocate for improving our build and release tool chain.
- Support deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration, and code.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments
- Work closely with development teams to create processes and tools that provide immediate feedback on source changes
- Write effective documentation
- 6+ years’ experience across entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments and troubleshooting in cloud environments
- Strong coding ability in Java, Python, and Shell
- Strong experience with Linux systems
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Git, Github, and code branching/merging strategies
- Expertise with build and release tools such as Maven, Ant, Gradle
Nice to have
- Experience with Azure, Docker, Mesos, Hashicorp Consul and Vault, Artificatory
- Experience with Jenkins (including plugins), Ansible and other related CI/CD tools
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence