About the role
At Shopify, we ship on quality instead of time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. Hundreds of thousands of merchants will see your work within minutes – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
We’re looking for Senior Developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. Developers who want to join a company with a history of contributing to our community through code. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your authentic self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
Requirements for the role:
- Strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API, data modelling, and scale
- Experience in building web services, and using relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn quickly
- Experience in writing automated tests as part of your development workflow (even better if you do it TDD)
- A generalist rather than a specialist – you’re excited by experimentation and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and time zones
- A genuine interest in APAC, emerging markets, cultural nuances and/or product localization
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too