Senior Database Support Engineer
As Senior Database Support Engineer you can contribute your expertise and personality to make our Customers and Community Users successful, and build a world-class NoSQL database with us. You will be part of an extremely committed, globally distributed, and virtual Team of Engineers, which as a whole provide 24/7 support.
We are currently looking for a candidate that can work during US East Coast business hours. We will give precedence to candidates physically located in the US, even though candidates not located in the US but willing to work US business hours will be considered. This is a working from home role. Please note that the role requires some off-hours and weekend duties (in shifts).
The Customer Care Team at ArangoDB provides high-quality post-sales services to our Customers. We ensure to put the needs and satisfaction of our Customers at the very center of our daily activities, and we provide the following services:
- Customer Success (On-boardings and Proactive Customer Engagements)
- 24/7, Reactive Technical Support
- Remote and some on-site Consultancy and Training
- Technical Account Management (TAM)
We are here to make sure that our Customers and Community Users can get the best from their investment in ArangoDB and associated technologies: join us in this extremely rewarding journey!
About the Role:
- Provide a quantifiable and awesome customer support experience for all our users, via email, our Support Ticketing System, and phone
- Work with Customers to troubleshoot ArangoDB problems in both cluster and single server environments
- Interact with our Engineering Team to drive to resolution the most challenging issues
- Perform product tests and participate to internal QA and bug verification activities
- Educate customers on best practice materials for all aspects of ArangoDB
- Leverage product usage data to proactively engage Customers experiencing product issues
- Advocate the Customer’s perspective during product and architecture planning
- Work directly with Field Operations (Sales, Account Management) to process, defect and feature requests encountered during adoption and retention efforts
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Zendesk, etc)
- Network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP)
- Root cause analysis
- Unix/Linux system administration (RedHat, CentOS, CoreOS)
- AWS and Docker and containerization
- Remaining calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
- Strong troubleshooting skills and excellent technical communication skills (in English)
- Prior experience in customer-facing roles, and SQL or NoSQL technologies
- Experience with graph technologies is considered a plus
The over 50 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.