At Kalypso we believe in the power of creativity, diversity and innovation to change the world. We’re looking for new Kalypsonians to join us in delivering on that promise.
We are innovators, intrapreneurs, strategists, data scientists, technologists, practitioners. We hail from different backgrounds with different ideas and different ways of looking at the world.
We are looking for the absolute best to join our team – balanced individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to provide the sustainable results our clients expect. At the same time, we are looking for real, multi-dimensional people – characters with character – who complement their expertise and intelligence with personality and integrity.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help our clients solve challenging issues. The work is fast paced, demanding, and provides unparalleled exposure to unique opportunities. Our focus is helping clients solve – not just prepare plans for solving – their most important problems with the transformative power of analytics.
In this role, you will combine your knowledge of Analytics and Data Science with real world implementation for a diverse set of clients in industries such as Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, and Energy. You will also help grow the practice by mentoring and leading junior members on the team, guiding them on best practices and state of the art algorithms and approaches to data science. This is a hands-on role and diverse in the applications you will be exposed to. If you don’t want to be bored solving the same regression problem over and over, then this is the role for you.
- Ability to guide problem solving together with top executives to make decisions based on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics and machine learning solutions for broad problem spaces and industries
- Ability to not just use, but truly understand and innovate on the latest algorithms and trends
- Drive thought leadership on industry/functional topics
- Lead development of vision, mission and core values for the data science team as part of building a high-performance culture
- Work with senior management and key stake holders in identifying and prioritizing actionable, impactful insights across a variety of core business fronts, driving informed decision-making across the business and, hence, enhancing the business’s capability to achieve goals and objectives.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Preferred PhD, but minimum of Master’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- The candidate for this position must have had at least 5 years of working experience working in a data science capacity within a fast-paced and complex business setting, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist.
- Proficient in Python especially as it relates to its use in Data Science applications
- The candidate must have experience working on full-stack applications (Kubernetes, Python, sklearn, Docker) as well as experience working with data mining and predictive modeling inclusive of linear and non-Linear regression, logistic regression, and time series analysis models. Strong emphasis on time series analysis preferred.
- Strong statistical background
- Good written and oral communication skills and capable of tailoring complex messages into simplified and business applicable material for key stakeholders
- No relocation necessary
- Willingness to travel (required) up to 50%
- Ability to travel to the United States (must have, or be able to acquire, a valid tourist visa)