We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Native Java Developer that is fluent in both Spring Boot and Java 8 to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. You will have a broad background to participate in the re-platforming of key APIs into a micro-service architecture. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions while very good at influencing and teaching their fellow technologists. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
Senior Cloud Native Java Developer
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- The role is remote – U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client’s fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform continuous integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience
- Hands on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands on with Scala is a plus
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with AWS as a cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS
- Hands on experience with relational databases.
- Hands on experience with Oracle, ETL
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Preferred Requirements a PLUS
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience using messaging middleware
- Experience using ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with AWS Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Experience developing Node.js AWS Lambdas is a plus
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration workflow
- Experience acting as a technical lead is a plus
- ********No Agencies*******
Custom Software And Cloud Platform Needs.
Technology we use