Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a key role in platform infrastructure team in addressing China specific infrastructure issues with AWS, CDN, DNS, Tunnels, monitoring and etc.
- Provide support to global teams having issues getting code deployed to China
- Support constant infrastructure monitoring/diagnostics for China
- Support global team in code deployment on China platform
- Maintain, manage, and monitor existing China platform
- Participate in global support and scheduled maintenance work of systems infrastructure
- On Call rotation for relevant issues
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years experience in cloud/platform/back-end related design, development or support
- Experience in networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS.
- Passion to automate, passion to lower overall cost, passion to monitor availability of services
- Proficiency with node.js and C/C++, knowledge of a scripting language a must.
- Knowledge of the HTTP specification, and strong opinions around RESTful API design.
- Experience with Redis, multi-cloud integration including AWS, Alicloud, and other cloud platforms. Experience in Apache Spark, distributed data processing pipelines and data engineering is strongly preferred.
- Good communication skills in English, both writing and speaking.
What We Value
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply