Now a part of Pluralsight, GitPrime is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service platform that generates data-driven performance metrics for software engineering. Prior to joining Pluralsight, GitPrime was recognized as the Number 2 best company to work in Colorado 2019.
We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they’re driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos, or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
We are seeking a highly experienced Java Developer who will join our talented software team, working on mission-critical applications. This position is ideal for the senior candidate seeking a non-managerial development track position.
Who you’re committed to being:
- A writer of clean code with properly running programs
- A hands-in-the-code daily developer who defaults to productivity
- A passionate, self-motivated builder who recognizes the need to work well with other team members.
What you’ll own:
- Developing scalable Java applications
- Providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Create elegantly designed, testable, efficient code
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Running point in any and all preparations for production releases of software components
- Ensure designs meet specifications
- Investigate alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review, in order to support continuous improvement
Experience you’ll need:
- You should have no less than five years of commercial experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications
- You must be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly
- We also expect you to be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team of engineers and web designers
- Excellent knowledge of Java internals, such as Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management and so on
- Experience with Kafka and the Samza framework
- Extensive experience with deployments Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies, including JPA2 and Hibernate
- Verifiable and articulate knowledge of Spring web framework
- BS degree in Computer Science required. And while a Master’s degree is not required, appropriate and high-level work history that can map over to Master’s level work is
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.