Human Made is looking for a Sales Manager or Senior Sales Manager to join our globally distributed team of humans. This is a remote position – you can be based anywhere in the Americas region. We are a remote team that provides professional development and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) services to enterprise clients. We’ve worked with companies like NewsUK, Techcrunch, Capgemini, GIC, FOX Sports, USA Today, Fairfax Media, Snopes, Red Bull Media House, and Yell.
We are looking for someone with experience selling professional development services to enterprise clients. You should be able to collaborate closely with a cross-functional group that includes account management, project management, engineering, and business to land new projects and long-lasting client relationships. We are looking for someone who can help to build our reputation as a leading provider of enterprise WordPress development and DXPs.
As a Sales Manager in the Americas region at Human Made, you are responsible for the long and short-term planning and execution of revenue generation from new clients, and supporting the growth of existing client relationships. Your responsibilities cover both our professional development services and the Altis platform. You will plan and manage the sales process in close collaboration with Regional Account Manager(s) and wider Client Services delivery team, and with the Platform Services Department. Along with the Regional Account Manager, you are jointly responsible for current and future revenue in that region.
Human Made seeks to be the trusted digital partner of every client, and your role in sales as first touch is to help establish that high value relationship with the best potential clients, and set up the company for a high value long term relationship.
What you will do
You will take responsibility for fielding and qualifying incoming enquiries, assessing them effectively and capturing necessary data. You will assess qualified leads and upgrade them to opportunities. You will create proposals including proposal documents, pricing documentation, and pitch presentations, working with the Senior Account Manager and drawing upon the technical expertise of assigned sales engineers, and delivery expertise of project managers. You will be expected to travel to pitch to prospective clients and customers.
You will attend relevant professional events such as conferences in order to expand our Sales reach and assist in the setup and coordination of our own events. You will work with the Business Development team to ensure that we’re creating enough outbound opportunities to widen our sales funnel and will explore additional channels of outbound possibilities. You will maintain a good working knowledge of activities, tasks and structures of custom software development projects in general, and the specific approaches needed for developing WordPress for Enterprise clients.
You’ll create and negotiate the contracts we have such as Master Services agreements and Statements of Work, and you’ll set up NDAs in collaboration with the Regional Account Manager. You will actively contribute to improving systems and processes in the team and ensure that you are regularly communicating needs and statuses of active sales leads or opportunities to the region and to the wider business teams.
- An experienced (5+ years) sales person, with a track record of managing a sales pipeline from initial enquiry through to closed deals of a value above $100,000 each on average.
- Extensive experience of fielding and qualifying inbound sales enquiries for enterprise B2B services and products.
- Understanding the delivery of software development services to enterprise clients
- A good understanding of risk management
- A good understanding of sales frameworks such as BANT, CHAMP
- A working understanding of how web technologies such as PHP, WordPress, React, Cloud Infrastructures and how they interact
- Experience of the following is an advantage:
- Experience of leading sales initiatives, engaging with new markets, taking products and services to market, and driving outbound sales activity.
- Working in a distributed company
- Background of professional services agency context, delivering to clients under a range of contractual arrangements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and with clients.
- You should be comfortable making decisions based upon partial information, leaning upon good intuition and judgement, and be able to bring a team along with you.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrable expertise in using numerical financial data to analyse business situations and make data driven decisions.
- High degree of autonomy and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage complex mixtures of short and long term priorities.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them.
- Diplomacy when approaching the sometimes competing needs of the client and the project team
- You will be responsible for qualifying all inbound leads and opportunities
- Creating proposals alongside your colleagues in engineering, project management, and account management
- You will be required to pitch in person to clients and should be able to travel
- You’ll help define the regional sales & business development strategy and targets in collaboration with accounts, delivery and operations teams, and ensure the successful achievement of these targets.
- As the sales team grows, you will pursue outbound sales in collaboration with Business Development, following the prescribed processes and tools.
- You’ll adapt the sales process to suit specific engagements and directly contribute to the ongoing improvement of tools and processes used by the team and the wider company.
- You’ll manage leads and opportunities through the company sales automation platform and CRM, ensuring an up-to-date log of correspondence, opportunity value, and confidence is maintained at all times. You’ll set up and maintain information storage folders for each new client in a standardised manner to ensure long term access to key documents.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring everyone across the company has clear visibility of the sales pipeline for your region, ensuring that the information for every opportunity is clear, accurate and up to date, and available in the level of detail necessary.
- $80,000 – $120,000 USD
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- Sickness & compassionate leave
- 35 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone every two years
- Office equipment when you need it
- You can learn more about Human Made and what it’s like to work here in our company handbook.