BacklotCars is seeking a Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our software development team. We are an online marketplace for auto dealers and our platform is changing the way dealers buy/sell wholesale vehicles. We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute on ideas that will change an industry. The right person has a strong development background who has been a part of start ups experiencing significant growth. They will help create and execute technical vision and build innovative and scalable solutions.
Ruby on Rails Engineer
Join us as we keep this expansion rolling. If you are excited about disrupting a marketplace and a next-generation technology platform, apply to the position below.
What You’ll Do
- Experienced with Ruby, Rails and API development standards.
- Writes clean, maintainable, reusable, and efficient Ruby code
- Proficient with test frameworks and the ability to add the appropriate level of coverage for a feature.
- Understand how a modern web application works end to end and how applications perform under load.
- Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals.
- Strong understanding with Agile best practices.
What You’ll Need
- At least 5+ years’ software development experience (Ruby on Rails)
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database (PostgreSQL is preferred)
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, results driven
- Ability to blend sales acumen, outstanding interpersonal skills, and enthusiasm to stay flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Who We Are
BacklotCars is an online marketplace for auto dealers and is changing the way they buy/sell wholesale vehicles.
Through BacklotCars, auto dealers, auto finance, and rental car companies can transact without having to go to physical auctions.
Our end to end solution is truly seamless for dealers, as BacklotCars provides vehicle inspections, transportation, and inventory finance.
Our mission is to make wholesale easy so dealers can be more successful.
The team at BacklotCars includes professionals from both inside and outside the auto industry, which gives us a unique perspective on its problems and innovative solutions. We blend our deep expertise in the auto industry and technology to modernize auto wholesale.
We were founded in Kansas City and graduated from 500 Startups, a prestigious accelerator in Silicon Valley. Since launching, we’ve seen tremendous growth and now help dealers buy and sell thousands of cars a month across 18 states.
As one of the fastest growing early-stage startups in the region, we’ve attracted investors from all over the world.
We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute on ideas that will change an industry.