BacklotCars is currently seeking a Product Manager, Operations to join our dynamic product team. We are an online marketplace for auto dealers and our platform is changing the way auto dealers buy/sell wholesale vehicles. As a Product Manager, you’ll spearhead initiatives that help BacklotCars operate more efficiently and effectively.
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years of software product management experience.
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders including the ability to know when to take feedback and when to push back
- Clearly communicate objectives, requirements, and success to remote teams.
- Ability to absorb, synthesize, and relay a large amount of information about the industry and users
- Clearly and effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences to cultivate strong working relationships, write meticulously, and continuously champion your products
- Able to successfully work on a small team composed of product managers, UX designers, front-end/back-end engineers in an agile/lean software environment
- Able to balance quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong UX judgment; ability to simplify the complex
- Detail oriented and diligent when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approach and testing
Why You Want To Work Here
- Cool people, solving cool problems to disrupt the marketplace
- We value your input. You will have the opportunity to not only lead the growth on a new market but help us to continually improve our products and solutions.
- Opportunity to get in on the “ground floor” of a growing company.
- Startup culture, catered lunches, bring your dog to work, competitive pay, excellent medical benefits (health/dental/vision), flexible PTO schedule.
Who We Are
BacklotCars is an online marketplace for auto dealers and is changing the way they buy/sell wholesale vehicles.
Through BacklotCars, auto dealers, auto finance, and rental car companies can transact without having to go to physical auctions.
Our end to end solution is truly seamless for dealers, as BacklotCars provides vehicle inspections, transportation, and inventory finance.
Our mission is to make wholesale easy so dealers can be more successful.
The team at BacklotCars includes professionals from both inside and outside the auto industry, which gives us a unique perspective on its problems and innovative solutions. We blend our deep expertise in the auto industry and technology to modernize auto wholesale.
We were founded in Kansas City and graduated from 500 Startups, a prestigious accelerator in Silicon Valley. Since launching, we’ve seen tremendous growth and now help dealers buy and sell thousands of cars a month across 18 states.
As one of the fastest growing early-stage startups in the region, we’ve attracted investors from all over the world.
We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute on ideas that will change an industry.