We are not currently hiring. However, we are collecting resumes from people who are interested in being considered in our next hiring round.
Seeq is searching for one or more Process Engineers (e.g., chemical or petro-chemical industries) to serve as Analytics Engineers. Seeq’s Analytics Engineers play a critical role in the growth of the company as it serves process industries. In fact, we are seeking ‘superstars’ in their fields. At this time we are only looking for engineers with five or more years experience.
Focus areas within the company including an emphasis on product engineering, custom solutions, and sales application engineering. Analytics Engineer is a critical role and candidates are expected to continuously learn, grow, and contribute across several departments within the company. Various tasks and responsibilities will include analyzing customer needs, prototyping custom solutions, as well as assisting with installations, training, and support functions.
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion for the problem solution over specific experience or background requirements, but even so, the ideal candidate is likely to have most or many of the following characteristics:
- Good educational background in one or more related disciplines and may have completed pertinent graduate work. Example disciplines might be Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Math, Data Analytics, and similar fields.
- Previous experience working as an engineer involved with analyzing time-history and process data in one of the industrial segments important to Seeq. Experience using enterprise historians (OSIsoft PI, PHD, IP-21, Delta-V, Wonderware, Proficy, etc.) is particularly valuable.
- You are regarded by your colleagues as one that ‘adds energy’ to everyone and every project you touch. You enjoy dissecting and explaining complex tasks.
- Exploits excellent communication skills and creative insights within multi-disciplinary team environments to contribute to exciting levels of shared vision and productivity.
- Enjoys customer interactions and solving customer problems. Able to translate a combination of customer-stated and customer-implied needs into a coherent needs documents for use by software development team.
- Enjoys working with the latest software products and tools solving real-world business and industrial challenges. Programming experience in Python and other programming languages is a plus. Being a power user of Excel and experience in Matlab, R, Tableau or other BI tools would be helpful.
- You are experienced in working and being successful in a virtual team environment.