The Pindrop engineering team solves tough problems and invents new ways to battle fraud using big data and machine learning in the cloud. We are looking for a Principal Backend Software Engineer to join the Data Analytics team as we continue to develop new ways to fight fraud and improve security in voice channels.
Principal Software Engineer
The team is responsible for services that process billions of non-audio data events and contribute to our fraud detection and authentication capabilities.
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring high-performance, scalable APIs consumed by both cloud and on premise clients
- Working with research scientists to design, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning models to detect fraudsters and positively identify genuine actors
- Applying experience and knowledge of industry best practices to support and continuously improve the performance, efficiency, and maintainability of existing applications
what you’ll do
- Work with a growing team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve brand new software components and microservices
- Refactor existing systems and architect new solutions
- Develop applications in Golang and Python on top of a modern cloud focused platform
- Maintain and manage services running in our Kubernetes platform
- Develop and maintain AWS native services using products such as Kinesis, DynamoDB, and S3
- Deliver production ready code from start to finish
- Continuously improve service architecture
- Create and maintain DataDog monitors
- Review code to maintain quality with an eye towards performance, scale, and security
- Work with multiple teams to implement company wide solutions
- Assist in leading the full development life cycle of projects within the team
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Contribute to establishing and improving software engineering best practices
- Help team members grow their technical expertise through mentoring and coaching
who you are
- 10+ Years of Software engineering experience
- Strong expertise in multiple programming languages such Python, Go, Java or C++
- Experience building Distributed and Scalable architectures
- Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Concurrency
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of different Data Storage technologies such as Redis, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of Docker and container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS managed services such as S3, ElastiCache and DynamoDB
- Experience with service monitoring solutions such as DataDog
- Proven track record of providing stable and secure code in production environments
what we offer
Here’s a Snapshot Of Benefits We Offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and thus the future of security in the voice driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them.
- Recognized top employer
- AJC Top Workplaces 2017
- 51 Startups to Bet Your Career On
- 50 Startups That Will Boom in 2018
- Health plans and 401k
- Continued education budget
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools
- Paid commuter options
- Fun outings to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
- All the good karma you can rack up for fighting bad guys (our conference rooms are named after the ones we’ve busted)
who we are
Pindrop is a company founded on research and continues to innovate new ideas to market. Our solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, and trust. Pindrop products secure the future of voice, making technology more human from the call center to IoT devices.
what we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals and the base of our team’s peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.