Tenable is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the Lumin product development team. As a Principal Software Engineer at Tenable, you play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable systems. You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product definitions with Product Managers, architecting and implementing technical solutions with talented teams, and ensuring continued success even after deployment.
You will lead and participate in design reviews, architecture discussions and other technical leader activities. You’re comfortable working independently as well as supporting other team members. You’re pragmatic, tenacious, and comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll be able to balance technical leadership and acumen with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. You’ll strive for simplicity, while bringing technical insights into how to refine and improve the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end user experience.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Demonstrable experience developing in Java 8 or higher (Groovy / Kotlin experience is a plus)
- Experience developing components in a microservices architecture
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Comfortable working with a remote team operating in multiple time zones
- Experience with a variety of data storage solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch, Dynamo, RDS, PGSQL)
- Experience with fault tolerant message queuing/brokering systems (e.g. Kafka, SQS, Kinesis)
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform (e.g. Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills