Apptio is looking for a talented Data Engineer to build and maintain an infrastructure which will be core of delivering various Data & ML focused capabilities across our product portfolio. The infrastructure will support batch/real time data collection from various structured/unstructured sources, automated data pipeline and core data warehouses. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for developing, deploying and managing the infrastructure end to end. You will be core part of a new and exciting venture within Apptio focused on Data & ML.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with advanced data management systems (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in developing applications in high volume data staging/ ETL environments and is proficient in advanced SQL experience (Postgres/ SQL)
- Clear understanding of different data domains in operations, customer etc., and has experience in master data management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving experience paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions; tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining formal documentation that describes data and data structures including data modeling
- Team oriented, goals oriented, and flexible with proven track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in agile methodology
- Nice to have technical experience: Jira, AWS Glue, Redshift
- Excellent written and oral communication skills