Principal Software Developer
- We build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of developers across the US.
- This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- On site role in Universal City, CA office with Remote Flexibility
- Understand our client’s fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Act as a lead, identifying and assigning new work for other engineers.
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform continuous integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable working with a variety of other languages and technologies, including but not limited to node.js and mobile native development
- Experience with true Cloud development, including Docker and container orchestration tools
- Experience with cloud hosting on AWS or similar public/private cloud providers.
- Competent working with service-based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols.
- Experience working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows.
- Experience setting up continuous integration and testing frameworks for development projects (IE Jenkins, Chef, Mocha.js, SonarQube, etc.)
- Competent working in secured internal network environments.
- Motivated and Self-Starting: able to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
- Passionate about writing clean, maintainable code that will be used and modified by others, and able to use and modify other developers’ work rather than recreate it
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- Proficient with data structuring languages, including XML, JSON, and design of binary data formats
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and GitHub
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructures, including technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture
- Experience with serverless technologies, preferably Lambda
- Experience with distributed messaging services such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Effective in-person, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations
- Experience within the media entertainment industry
- Must be willing to work or travel to the LA Universal City, CA office
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Custom Software And Cloud Platform Needs.
Technology we use