Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Intercom is building a best-in-class growth group to unlock value for our customers and achieve profitability for Intercom. To do this, we are expanding our product engineering offices in San Francisco to become our center of excellence for growth. Our overall aim is to connect many more people to the value that Intercom offers through exceptional customer experience. The Growth teams will work in tight collaboration with go-to-market (GTM) partners in sales, marketing and analytics to unlock value for customers, improve GTM efficiency and enable smart proactive decisions that drive business impact.
This opportunity is to join Intercom as an Engineering Manager for our Monetization team in the Growth group and as a leader in our San Francisco R&D office.
What is it like to work for Intercom?
Our culture is open, friendly and inclusive — and this is something we are proud of. We are optimistic, passionate and positive. We like people who can stay focused and work hard with good work / life balance, and who are confident, yet kind and humble. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and simple in everything we do. We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow, and we take bets on high potential engineers on rapid trajectories. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run less software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology like machine learning in a pragmatic way.
What will I be doing?
- Partnering with engineering, product, and design leaders to define a vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Monetization team
- Supporting and driving this strategy to clear impact with the help of a PM and a great team of Engineers
- Creating and nurturing a healthy team culture
- Supporting engineers in their personal growth and progression
- Iterating the Monetization team towards ever-increasing levels of high performance
- Helping to shape our engineering culture and evolve culture by contributing to our engineering organization program
What skills do I need? ?
- Demonstrated impact in a similar technical leadership role, and awesome technical credibility
- Top-notch people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with PMs and others to create and drive strategy, roadmaps and projects to great outcomes
Nice to haves
- An analytical acumen or experience running growth experiments
- Demonstrated impact working closely with sales and marketing as part of a growth organization
- Demonstrated impact in a world class SaaS product engineering environment
How will I be supported?
- You’ll report directly to the Director of Engineering who’ll start you off with a great onboarding plan
- We invest heavily in our Managers, supporting individual career development through training and coaching
- If you need to move to the Bay Area from elsewhere in the US, we’ll support you with a relocation package
- We pay well above median San Francisco market rates in cash compensation and reward high performance
- Our current focus is profitability and we grant stock options so our people can share in our success when we get there
- We provide a catered lunch and breakfast every weekday – plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- We offer a thoughtful parental leave program, with 6.5 months for primary and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers
- We offer fully funded comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- We offer a genuinely open vacation policy – most of our folks take 20 days of paid time off every year
- We also observe an additional 10 corporate days where our offices are closed
- We offer commuter benefits and in-office bicycle storage
- We offer a 401k plan
- We pride ourselves on an open, friendly collaborative and diverse office environment
Whether our customers want to encourage their customers to self serve with articles, automate with bots or target chat to specific segments Intercom is customer messaging that fits their business. Intercom is also the best team inbox for sales and support AND the leading choice for targeted outbound messages that deliver. Valued at over $1bn, Intercom has been ranked among the best on the Crunchbase unicorn leaderboard since 2018. In our 8 year history, we’ve built world class sales, marketing and R&D functions, and published a number of books along the way.
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.