This position can be in-office in New York City or work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates encouraged to apply.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for architecting and leading the development on our Ad Code product that reaches over 150MM monthly unique visitors (#14 largest comScore property). Each feature and initiative we work on has a direct impact on revenue; as such, we’re looking for a candidate with a high degree of ownership and accountability. This person is also responsible for mentoring, delegating, and supervising the work of others on the team to help us move towards meeting the goals set upon our team. Candidates are either highly accomplished lead engineers with a clear path to Engineering Manager, or already at the Engineering Manager level. This position reports directly to the VP of Ad Code Development.
Beyond experience in a lead development role, we focus on the qualities we feel are important to success on our team. These include:
- Leadership / Mentoring—you lead a team of talented individuals who want to learn from and grow with your guidance
- Flexible / Adaptable—you are able to adapt to sudden changes while remaining calm
- Openness / Transparency / Approachable—you lead by example, take accountability, and provide honest constructive feedback
- Warm / Empathetic—you are respectful of others and able to show empathy to the needs of clients
- Organized—you can handle multiple short term tasks without losing site of long term goals
- Self-sufficiency—able to independently apply critical thinking skills without relying on others
- Patient—your patience extends across multiple areas, such as not giving up on a task, listening to others with a positive attitude, and patience in explaining complex systems
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience leading or managing a development team
- 3+ years experience with ad serving technology, including DFP/GAM, header bidding, and/or Prebid.js
- Experience with performance and unit testing
- WordPress experience a plus
- Rock-solid debugging and data analysis skills