At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome in diverse teams. So here’s your opportunity…
We’re hiring Site Reliability Engineering leaders who are passionate about technology and education. As an SRE Lead, you will be responsible for providing technical direction, personnel management, and hands-on engineering.
So if you are a strong leader, mentor, and you still like building, let’s talk. There are lots of interesting, complex, and challenging problems that will leverage your skills as well as your team; this is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud automation and gain hands on experience developing software with AWS.
What you will be doing:
- Coach, mentor, train, and develop the team. Engineers feel motivated when they feel like they’re delivering, learning, and part of a supportive team. Help make that happen.
- Partner with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring & alerting.
- Hire: We provide a material, positive impact for the business and end users, and we want to do more of that. Help us grow a flexible, passionate team with a broad range of experiences, skills, and interests.
- Make sure the product is performant, stable and scalable by creating and enforcing technical standards.
- Educating & empowering software engineers to think operationally when designing services and to operate what they build.
- Developing software to automate the manual work required to keep a SaaS offering highly available, scalable, and resilient to the vagaries of the Internet and frequent deploys.
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night.
What we look for:
- Proven ability to manage a team and perform administrative operations including hiring and performance management.
- Capable communicator passionate about Site Reliability, DevOps, and user experience.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring others.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- Experience managing a 24/7 SaaS with amazing uptime.
- Experience with Amazon Web ServicesProgramming experience in at least one modern programming language (for example, Ruby, Node, or Go).
- Experience with Containers; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Deep understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools (for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet).
- CI/CD exposure – Jenkins, Git/Gerrit.
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp cert. preferred, but not required.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn’t catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.