We are looking for a Lead Developer to join the team in the central London office on a full-time basis.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
- Full hands-on technical experience
- Proficiency in:
- Microservices architecture concepts
- Domain driven design
- Event source paradigm
- Advanced use of git
- Code testing
- Use of Unix systems commands
Nice to have
- AWS stack experience
- Ability to perform basic DevOps tasks
- Experience using Kafka
- EFK stack
- Container based architecture: Docker
Demonstrated track record and proficiency in the points below:
- Deliver features autonomously with a high degree of team coordination
- Deliver code based on precise architecture spec
- Deliver code without relying on the architecture spec
- Automated testing
- Working with CI/CD practices
- Delivering code to production
- Maintaining production ready code
- Collaborating in small but fast paced teams
- Event driven architecture and message passing
More about you
- Good level of English
- Desire to learn and open mind about new technologies
- Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Ability to learn autonomously
- Excellent all-round communications skills
- LOCATION: EUROPE
- You will be the technical leader for a squad. Each squad works with some degree of autonomy and is responsible for the delivery of a specific product area.
- You will work closely with the CTO and the lead architect.
- You will ensure all requirements are gathered correctly and understood by all team members.
- You will lead by example and help team members to deliver frontend and backend code that conforms to the company-wide code standards and implements the architecture.
- You will be developing robust microservices to form the heart of a SaaS platform to serve globally distributed users.
- Follow React best practices to deliver and support production ready industry quality code.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of services. Developers will take the services they build from design, through implementation, and into production.
- Successful delivery of your services into production.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with the latest cutting-edge technologies
- Disrupting a century-old industry in a startup environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
- Deliver a green field system
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with a warm atmosphere, which creates right working conditions
- Opportunity to travel to nearshore Kiev
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model